Brazilian illustrator Rafael Mantesso was divorced by his wife and left with nothing but a dog. His house was empty with bare white walls, but his heart was still full with the love of his dog.
“She took her cookware, furniture, photos, her decorations. The only thing she didn’t take was my bull terrier, whom she’d named after her favorite shoe designer: Jimmy Choo.”
When his beloved bull terrier lay down next to a wall, Rafael grabbed a marker and drew a new world around his pup.
“Suddenly, I felt this long dormant inspiration for drawing, for art, for life – returning.”
The rest, as they say, is history.
He hasn’t stopped since and now has more than 600K Instagram followers who love his work. He started taking photos of his beloved dog, Jimmy, in hilarious positions and drawings that he created himself. If you want something to pick you up and brighten your day, check out some of his work:
- He’s got his own collection now for Jimmy Choo.
- Work hard, play hard.
- Who says chivalry is dead?
- Never lose your childlike imagination
- Brush your teeth, brush brush brush
- Mer-dogs do exist!
- Serious photos need bunny ears to make them great
- Bull Terrier. Get it?
- Look at that smile.
- I like big butts and I cannot lie.
- Whoa, feelin’ kinda funny.